1. The first decorated Christmas Tree was in Riga, Latvia in 1510.
2. In the united states, there are more than 15,000 Christmas Tree Farms. There are approximately 350 million Christmas Trees growing on U.S. farms.
3.There are approximately 25-30 million real Christmas Trees sold in the U.S. every year
4.Real trees are a renewable, recyclable resource. Artificial trees contain non-biodegradable plastics.
5.It can take as many as 15 years to grow a tree of typical height(6-7 feet) or as little as 4 years, but the average is 7 years.
6. The top Christmas tree producing states are Oregon, North Carolina, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Washington state.
7. The official Christmas Tree tradition at Rockefeller Center began in 1933, Since 2004 the tree has been topped with a 550-pound Swarovski Crystal Star.
8. Thomas Edison’s assistant, Edward Johnson, came up with the idea of electric lights for a Christmas Tree in 1882.
9. Since 1971, the Provinces of Nova Scotia has presented the Boston Christmas Tree to the people of Boston, in gratitude for the relief supplies received from the citizens of Boston after a ship exploded in 1917. 10. Most common Christmas trees in the united states are Spruce, Frasier Fir, Balsam Fir, noble fir and White Pine.